Kerala lives up to its tagline of being God’s own country as you enjoy incredible sights and discover mouth-watering culinary history on your journey. From endless beaches and pleasant backwaters to unravelling its rich cultural history and tradition, Kerala is a perfect blend of heritage and lush green landscapes with a coastline of emerald green waters.
Check into the Paradise Resorts for a charming and relaxing stay in Kerala. Feel free to ask the staff about places to visit which are off the tourist’s list and get acquainted with your surroundings. You can also stay at Green Fields in Kumarakom and stay in close proximity of the backwaters. Here are five things that you must do in Kerala:
- Pass through Paddy Fields
Experience walking like never before as you seem to lose yourself in the paddy fields. Watch out for slushy water passages which go alongside a mud path. Feel free to communicate with farmers and locals if you are with a guide and ask them about the narrow dykes that provide fresh water and learn about how paddy is cultivated.
- Experience an Ayurveda Oil MassageKerala is famous for its ayurvedic massages that will help you rejuvenate yourself and well relaxed. These massages are performed by well-trained physicians and work their magic with their oils to refresh you. They also provide you with herbal diets that will cleanse your system and replenish you.
- Watch a snake boat race Cheer for your favourite team and feel the excitement of teams of 100 oarsmen row their snake boats. Watch as they compete with one another as their bodies sway in unison to loud singing. The Nehru Trophy Boat Race is well received by participants that try to out beat their opponents and win the rolling trophy.
- Glide through the backwaters Spend a day or two on a houseboat and travel through the inland waterways as you pass lush green pastures and villages. Your trip is not complete unless you travel on a houseboat and enjoy its tranquility. This houseboat is something out of this world and its experience is unlike any other.
- Enjoy cultural performances Catch an exciting exhibition of the Kalaripayattu, which is a martial artform of Kerala that has been performed for over 300 years. Stay mesmerised as you watch elegant forms of the art. Another great performance is the Kathakali which is a beautiful dance performed in a colourful costume. This dance brings out the soul of Kerala in the form of stories and artform which are conveyed even in terms of expression. Also, look out for the Thayyam dance which is a form of worship through dance.
Kerala has so much to offer that you will definitely come back for more. From its diverse culture, hospitable people, delicious food and amazing views, Kerala will take your breath away.