Guess what? FBCI, Meatigo.com and Prasuma sent me some more delicious food to create recipes with. This time it was very simple. I got pre-prepared, semi-cooked shami kebabs.
I’m a very impatient person so I decided to do a super quick sandwich with it, the ingredients are as follows:
- Hummus – 2 Tablespoons to spread on your burger bun
- Onions – 2 Rings
- Red Pepper – 3 Rings
- Fried Chillies – As many as you need to spice your burger up
- Pickled Gherkin – As many as you like
- Cheese Single – 1
- Multigrain Sandwich Bun – 2
- Pre-Prepared Shami Kebabs – 3 per burger
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper – As much as you need
- Ginger Garlic and Oregano Seasoning – A sprinkle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black Olives – As needed
For the Hummus:
- Overnight soaked chickpeas – 1 cup
- Tahini or sesame paste – 1/4 cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Garlic – 1 – 2 cloves
- Salt & Pepper – As needed
- Cumin & paprika – 1/2 tablespoon
- Lime Juice – 1-2 Tablespoons
- Parsley leaves – To garnish
- Olive Oil – To garnish
Directions for the Hummus:
Put everything in a blender to mix, do not add the garnishing ingredients. If the mix is too thick, add some water to make a smooth paste. If you feel it needs more seasoning, add seasoning to it. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle cumin, paprika and parsley.
Cook the shami kebab in olive oil until it is cooked and looks golden brown. Fry chillies and keep them aside.
Take the sandwich buns and cover them in hummus and sprinkle salt, pepper, ginger garlic and oregano herbs on it. Then place the shami kebabs on it followed by a cheese single, onions, black olives, fried chillies, red pepper and pickled gherkin. Place the top of the sandwich bun on it.
It’s ready to eat!