Following are the reasons why you should pick Bali for your next holiday:
1. Pool Villas: I stayed in a lovely one room pool villa – Wolas Villas & Spa at Bali and while I was in Bali I noticed that Bali has a culture of pool villas. You will find loads of good pool villas there and the prices are very reasonable too. I recommend booking in advance. I booked at the very last minute and ended up paying a lot more than my fellow occupants did! If you plan on visiting Bali with your friends then book 2 or 3 bedroom pool villa and plan a pool party. The hotels are very chilled out and the room service is quite decent.
2. Balinese Massages: You will find loads of places offering a good balinese massage but if you don’t know the right place to visit, chances are you are going to end up with a bad back. I recommend Jari Menari (magic fingers) at Nusa Dua. They are open from 9 am to 10 pm but you will need to book an appointment in advance. They also have a complimentary free pick up service available for Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa. I give this massage a 5/5. This is the best massage I’ve ever had!
3. Water Sports: There are loads of water sports in bali like Parasailing, Jet Skiing, riding on a Banana Boat, Water Skiing, Snorkeling, Diving, Wake Boarding, Surfing, Glass Bottom Boat ride to Turtle Island, Donut Ride, Flying Fish, Trolling Fishing, Parasailing Adventure, Fly Boarding, etc. All Bali water sports activities can be enjoyed at Tanjung Benoa Beach which is about 10 minutes from the Nusa Dua Beach and 30 minutes from famous tourist areas like Kuta Beach, Legian Beach, Seminyak Beach, Nusa Dua Beach and Jimbaran Beach.
4. An Active Volcano: Mount Agung or Gunung Agung is an active volcano in Bali. Gunung Agung last erupted in 1963-64 and is still active, with a large and very deep crater which occasionally belches smoke and ash. From a distance, the mountain appears to be perfectly conical, despite the existence of the large crater. The best part is that you can do an overnight trek to reach a great height on Mount Agung and enjoy the lovely view from the mountain at dawn, the view of Lombok and Nusa Penida is breathtaking. Your hike will start at Pura Besakih temple. Do at your own risk.
5. The Food: The food in Bali is interesting. You will get to experience a lot of interesting restaurants and friendly owners in Bali. The following restaurants, food joints and tea/coffee parlours in Bali get my vote of appreciation (in no particular order):
1. Cuca (Location: Jl. Yoga Perkanthi, Uluwatu, Bali)
2. Ruth’s (Location: Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai 88, Sanur, Bali)
3. Gelato Secrets (Location: Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali)
4. Cafe Wayan (Location: Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali)
5. Alam Sari (Location: Banjar Kebon Singapadu Gianyar, Bali)
6. Wolas Villas & Spa (Location: Jl. Yudistira No.18, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361)
7. Breeze – The Samaya (Location: The Samaya, Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Bali)
8. Sasa (Location: Jl. Arjuna No. 10x, Seminyak, Bali)
9. Rumah Makan (Location: Ulundanu Beratan, Desa Candikuning Kec. Baturiti Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali)
10. Taco Beach Grill (Location: Jl. Kunti 1, Seminyak, Bali)
Enjoy Bali & use my taxi driver Kartika if you need one – he was really good!
Image source: baligreensurf, says.com,