I was never a travel person but when I went to Paris for the very first time, I fell in love with travelling. When you are a student you do not have a lot of money so your planning has to be rock solid.
Here is a list of 10 ways in which you can be well prepared and organised:
- Always plan in advance. If you plan in advance you will not have to pay a premium on flight costs, hotel costs, etc.
- Plan a trip to a country where there is visa on arrival because that way you save a lot of money on visa fees.
- Google and try and find out as much as possible about what you can do in that country. If you plan your days in advance you may be able to find places that have budget trips organised. On my visit to Ireland as a student, I paid only 20 pounds for the entire day. We were taken to many scenic sites like Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and The Giant’s Causeway.
- Always find out the temperature of the place you are about to visit. It could be raining and you may need to carry a raincoat with you or reschedule your trip all together if you don’t like the rains.
- Try to locate people facebook who have been there or try to connect with locals in advance to get a real feel of the place. Many times magazines will not tell you what residents can!