About the place:
• Located in the Cyber Hub, DLF Cyber City.
• The ambience is great. Comfortable place for a dine-in.
• Interesting décor with a classic antique look. Everything from tables to chairs to decorative knick-knacks that adorned the place had a vintage feel.
• They have a dedicated outdoor kitchen for quick service. They also have a bar inside the outlet.
• One can choose to sit either inside or outside. The outside space is surrounded by plants, striped umbrellas and a lot of other things.
• Olive Bistro is perfect for romantic dining and dating couples. Highly recommended for dates, especially at night and go for alfresco dining. Reserve a table beforehand to avoid disappointment.
About the service:
• Service was quick. The drinks came quickly, the starters arrived in 10-15 minutes.
• The staff was attentive to our needs.
About the food:
• First thing presented was the Focachia Bread.
• Soft & sour bread rolls and grissini breadsticks served with roasted pepper dip and olive tapenade.
• To enhance to overall taste enjoy the bread with with both the dip & olive tapenade.
Chicken and Vegetable Broth Soup
• The soup was served very quickly and was nicely presented.
• It was served with freshly cut carrots, beans and mushrooms – the blend was perfect.
• The taste of all the vegetables was really subtle and the soup was moreish.
• The salad had tomatoes, tuna, boiled eggs, beans, baby potatoes, red onions and Kalamata olives, dressed with their in-house vinaigrette. In case you don’t know, the Kalamata olive is a large purple olive with a smooth meaty texture and has been named after the city of Kalamata in the southern Peloponnese in Greece.
• Could feel individual tastes but the overall flavour was missing.
Smoked Chicken and Mango salad
•This salad used fresh iceberg lettuce and mango slices with parmesan, bacon and their specially prepared house dressing.
• Everyone at the table enjoyed the salty and sugary flavour of this salad.
• Was very refreshing because of the mint, ginger and lime juice mixed with 7Up.
• This was more citrusy as compared to our first mocktail, Avalanche – because of the oranges used in it.
Lamb Meat Balls
• The whole dish was very well cooked.
• The lamb was soft and tender and my knife went through it like it would go through butter.
• Plating and presentation was excellent.
• The cheddar cheese enhanced the flavour of the meat balls.
• I love tomato sauce in my meat balls but the flavour of tomatoes was slightly overpowering, I would have liked it to be slighly subtle.
Glazed Pork Ribs
• This dish was served with house spiced bits of pineapple which went really well with the pork ribs.
• It had been presented really well and tated quite good.
Black Forest Pizza
• The toppings incuded ham slices and pineapple pieces. The pineapple pieces were great because they balanced the saltiness of ham.
• It wasn’t the best pizza I have had but the combination sure was interesting.
• I haven’t ever thought of having an asparagus pizza in my life and I never thought that I would like it but I liked this pizza very much.
• Bits of asparagus and walnuts were added on top, making the pizza very nice and crispy.
• Ricotta cheese bits enhanced the flavour of the pizza.
Lemon, Broccoli and Ricotta Ravioli
• The ravioli came with tomato salsa, parmesan cream sauce, and pine nuts
• The dish had been presented in a very simple fashion and the taste was amazing!
• Loved this the best!
Confit Chicken Leg
• Chicken was slow cooked for a long period of time to make it tender.
• The dish consisted of chicken leg pieces, couscous, and freshly grilled green vegetables.
• It was presented with some citrus salsa.
• It wasn’t my favourite dish that day but the ingredients used in this dish make it healthy which works really well for me because I eat out all the time and I could use something healthy once in a while! This dish had proteins, fibers, vitamins… balanced diet on a place.
OB Chicken Burger
• Even though I was really full, I couldn’t have left without trying the Olive Bistro burgers. The Italian dishes at the reastaurant were excellent and I really wanted to see if the burgers were just as good.
• They were okay burgers, quite crunchy and fresh but I certainly have had better.
Coconut and White Chocolate Panna cotta
• This was a really smooth and delicious dessert.
• It had coconut, hazelnut and nougat pieces.
• A must have dessert. My favourite dessert on the menu!
• We were served freshly baked waffles with maple syrup, caramel sauce, whipped cream and berry compote. I liked it, it wasn’t as good as the panna cotta though.
Thanks to Chef Vikram and the Manager Brajesh for hosting Team Shivangi Reviews and for the superb hospitality.
Would give the experience 4/5.
Shivangi Reviews Official Website: http://www.shivangireviews.com/
Review & Photo Credit: Shivangi Sinha
JOIN my Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/shivangireviews/
FOLLOW ME ON Twitter: @shivangisinha
TAGS: Olive, Bistro, DLF, Cyber, City, Gurgaon, Mehrauli, restaurant, review, top, best, shivangi, sinha, blogger, shivangireviews, pizza, pasta, dessert, alfresco, Olive, Bistro, DLF, Cyber, City, Gurgaon, Mehrauli, restaurant, review, top, best, shivangi, sinha, blogger, shivangireviews, pizza, pasta, dessert, alfresco, Olive, Bistro, DLF, Cyber, City, Gurgaon, Mehrauli, restaurant, review, top, best, shivangi, sinha, blogger, shivangireviews, pizza, pasta, dessert, alfresco, Olive, Bistro, DLF, Cyber, City, Gurgaon, Mehrauli, restaurant, review, top, best, shivangi, sinha, blogger, shivangireviews, pizza, pasta, dessert, alfresco